Sunday 12/8/19 First Full Day in CR


Day 1 Costa Rica

Rose at Hotel Aeropuerto

Today was my first full day in Costa Rica. Thus far, this trip has been amazing. I have grown to love this place and all the beauty it has to offer. I have been trying to speak more Spanish, but it is difficult for me to say the words even if I do kind of understand. This experience so far has made me want to learn more Spanish in the future so that I can better communicate with those that speak the language. I feel like this experience would more impactful if I could speak some Spanish rather than just understanding a few words. Regardless, I added the above picture to show how beautiful this place is and all the things it has to offer. This is the first time out of the United States, and it has been amazing so far. 

Bobcat Not Bobcat



The second picture is of a cat I seen at Hotel Aeropuerto. At first, I thought it was a bob cat or possibly a mountain lion. Then I realized it was just a regular ole cat. He/she was scratching their claws on the tree and it looked like it was stalking its prey. It reminded me of a “rez” animal, one that freely roams the reservation. I never thought that I, as a reservation native would ever have the opportunity to leave the reservation let alone the country. I am beyond thankful to be here and to be able to have this opportunity. I just finished all of my classes for my bachelor’s in nutrition from the University of Idaho in November. I decided to go out with a BANG by applying for this international research experience and I cannot express enough how great of a program this is. It is not just the experience that is amazing. The people thus far have been more than welcoming, and the organization of the program is exceptional. I have done many research experiences but this one tops them all and it has only been 1 full day in Costa Rica. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday 12/18/19 Departure and Presentations

Friday 12/20/19 Traveling Home

Saturday 12/14/19 Data and Tattoos!