Friday 12/20/19 Traveling Home

Day 14 Costa Rica to US
Back to the US I go 
Today my flight left at 2:27 pm. I headed to the airport at 11:30 am along with a few others from the group. I really wanted to stay in Costa Rica longer. I feel like time flew by. Once at the airport, reality set in and I would soon be home in my own bed. While others were flying home to see family, I was returning to Idaho.... I wish I could fly to see my family but it would be too hard to get back to Idaho after. I am thankful that I at least have my husband and three cats waiting at home for me. This little book (passport) will serve me great purpose in the future. I plant to travel more and learn more about other cultures specifically other tribal cultures, sustainable practices, and diets. I am excited for the future and am thankful that I had this opportunity to travel outside of the United States. It has opened my eyes to how privileged I am to be a citizen of the US as well as how much work there is to do in other parts of the world. When it comes to other indigenous peoples, they should not be currently experiencing the things they are and should have more rights and protection of their resources and culture. 
Back on US soil 
I have officially made it back to the United States. When I got to my car at the airport, it was dead. I left a light on. Luckily, the airport was able to help me jump it. I had to google "how to jump a Prius". I am happy that my car started right up and I made it home safe. I wish there was more to this story, but it is back to reality.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday 12/18/19 Departure and Presentations

Friday 12/13/19 All things Beautiful