Monday 12/9/19 Traveling to the Station

Day 2 Costa Rica

Pit Stop
Today we traveled from San Jose to the Las Cruces Biological Station. It was a long and windy drive but it was very enjoyable. We had the opportunity to test out our Spanish at many locations (if we wished). This was the first time that I actually used the small amount of Spanish that I do know. I felt accomplished even though there were times that I didn't know how to explain myself. I succeeded in at least trying to say what I did know or looked up. By the way, Google Translate is a must and it is helpful to download the language in which you are trying to learn or use. 

Dinner at the Las Cruces Biological Station


I recently finished up my undergrad degree in Nutrition at the University of Idaho. Dinner tonight was by far the best food I have had in a long time. Everything was very fresh and tasted way better than anything you can get in the United States. The salad items were to die for. The beets tasted sweeter than in the US and were super fresh. I am very picky when it comes to food, but there was no doubt in my mind that this food came from good sources. In the United States, you have to really pick and choose when it comes to food. Here, the food is local. Everything is grown and sourced as local as possible. This is one thing that I like about this country is how hard the people work to preserve what they have and how they manage the land. If you give to the land, it will give back and you do not take more than you can handle. Tonight, I may have taken too much food but I did eat basically all of it. I should have taken an after photo. Regardless, I am so thankful for those who prepared this meal and all the hard work that went into growing/producing the food we are served here. I am excited to go out for a tour tomorrow and get familiar with the property. So far, this place is amazing and the people running it are also. Again, this program has really outdone itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday 12/18/19 Departure and Presentations

Friday 12/20/19 Traveling Home

Saturday 12/14/19 Data and Tattoos!